On January 8th, 2000 (only 7 days after the dreaded Y2K) I married my summer sweetheart in the Las Vegas temple. That's right, I only knew Brian for one summer, two short months, before we were engaged. I was fresh out of High School, by like a day, but he had his mission and some college under his belt. And do be sure he knew exactly what he wanted.

Here we are posing at the temple all starry eyed and blissful, doesn't Brian look delirious and young? Oh, I guess that's me. I sure didn't realize what was ahead of me, but I really did love imagining married life with Brian. And I haven't been disappointed ever since.

I love this picture above because it reminds me of all the people who love us and wanted to celebrate our happy day with us.
I look back on these past 10 years and can't believe all that we've accomplished. We now have a house and two (almost three) beautiful children. Brian has his dream job in computers and I have mine in motherhood (becoming a rocket scientist was just a long lived whim for me, I do live my true calling now and am so blessed in it.)
(My lovely bridesmaids, the super cute chicky in red is my sister, Jera. The other super cute chickies are friends from school work.)There is so much to look forward to, having more babies and watching them grow, enjoying grand children and watching them grow, and finally having a long happy life with Brian. He makes me feel like a queen.

Love all your wedding pics, can't believe it's been 10 years, doesn't seem possible! Congats and enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I remember your wedding day too! Time flys!
ReplyDeleteI too remember that day- you both are a great example and we wish you many more decades of a wonderful and adventurous marriage :)
ReplyDelete