Do you ever wish that just once your kids could be self sufficient enough to make their own lunch?
Well, apparently Kael has reached that point in his life. I guess I wasn't moving fast enough when he asked me for a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich, because soon I heard him rooting around in the kitchen and came in to find him doing this:

I must say; for a 5 year old I think he did a pretty good job of keeping all the PB and J on the actual bread and not all over the table. Notice how he even got himself a napkin to make his sandwich on.

This is a sad day in motherhood when you suddenly become obsolete in the realm of lunch-making. I think I'll go cuddle with Kiera before she decides she's too old for that too.
That is impressive!
ReplyDeleteWhat a big, little Man he is becoming. Good sandwhich Kael! I can't wait for the day Ava gets up by herself, turns on her cartoons and gets her own cereal so Mom can keep on snoozing!!! :) But I don't want her to be that old yet, go cuddle w/ your little girl!
ReplyDeleteBelieve me,it is just the beginning. Be glad he's making his own food because he will want to eat SEVERAL meals a day as he gets bigger and older and you won't be able to keep up!! Even my older boys still love their PB&J once in a while. Before Scott left on his mission he would eat 3 or 4 sandwiches for a snack along with a big tall glass of milk and that would get him to dinner time! Haha ~ the good old days . . . .
ReplyDeleteThat boy is getting so big! Just think of how much he can help you when little Liam comes along. Maybe he will even make Kiera a sandwich too!
ReplyDelete