Saturday, November 7, 2009

Chopped!


I did it! I cut off all my hair and I LOVE it!



I feel so liberated and all grown up. I think it looks really good and I have not one single regret. While thinking about why I didn't do this a lot sooner I realized that I am so glad I waited until I was 100% ready to part with it because I don't miss it at all. I didn't have any trouble while she was cutting it off, I was excited and happy that I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. There was only one moment of veritgo and that was right after she cut it and before she washed it, I kept running my fingers through it and seriously could not connect the fact that most of it was missing.

Anyway, here is a comparison shot:

Before

After


Yay!

So, now I have a big chunk of hair to donate to Locks of Love. One awesome bonus of donating your hair is that at my salon your haircut is free! Totally did not know that until after it was done, of course that means I had some budget to splurge on fancy shampoo, lah!

Now I am happily figuring out all the fun ways I can do my hair and basking in the fact that I can spend much more time soaking in the shower instead of washing 15 tons of it.

And, to keep the promise I made of my last post; here is a cute "er" pregnant picture to leave you with:

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I totally LOVE it, so cute. Bet you feel alot of weight "off your shoulders." :) Hope Brian likes it, though who cares what husbands think anyway... And you're looking lovely at 6 months pregnant. Way to go Kiera, she's ready to potty train. It'll be nice for you to only have ONE in when Liam is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!! Love the hair - it always feels soooo good with a "fresh" haircut! The baby looks like he is growing nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW!!! I love it! And I love that feeling of newly shortened hair. It looks so cute! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shanda your hair looks so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look awesome! I love short hair! I keep going shorter and shorter. I bet it will be nice not to have all the hair in the way with the new little boy.

    ReplyDelete